e martë, 5 gusht 2008

Isaiah 49:19-23

Passage: Isaiah 49:19-23
19 "Surely your waste and your desolate places
and your devastated land— surely now you will be too narrow for your inhabitants,
and those who swallowed you up will be far away.
20 The children of your bereavement
will yet say in your ears: 'The place is too narrow for me;
make room for me to dwell in.'
21 Then you will say in your heart:
'Who has borne me these? I was bereaved and barren,
exiled and put away,
but who has brought up these?
Behold, I was left alone;
from where have these come?'"
22 Thus says the Lord GOD:
"Behold, I will lift up my hand to the nations,
and raise my signal to the peoples;
and they shall bring your sons in their bosom,
and your daughters shall be carried on their shoulders.
23 Kings shall be your foster fathers,
and their queens your nursing mothers.
With their faces to the ground they shall bow down to you,
and lick the dust of your feet.
Then you will know that I am the LORD;
those who wait for me shall not be put to shame."

Journal: Yesterday we discussed how God never forgets us or abandons us. He hears our plea and brings passion with his compassion. What we have in view here, in today's verses, is heaven itself. He has taken us from the pit and brought us to glory. [Psalm 103:1-5 -- "Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."]

Heaven awaits the children of God, and a family reunion will occur for all eternity. It will be so enthralling and wonderful that His children will desire more of it. [v. 20 -- "The children of your bereavement will yet say in your ears: 'The place is too narrow for me; make room for me to dwell in.'"] It will finally be a place and thing concerning which we can never get enough -- it was glorious yesterday, it is glorious today, and it will be glorious tomorrow. Heaven awaits His children, and His children await heaven. [v. 23 -- "Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who wait for me shall not be put to shame."]